Troubleshooting Local Networking Publishing
Posted: 18 September 2014 11:49 AM
- Verify you are using the latest BrightAuthor version and the latest firmware version available at support site.
- Local File Networking isn't supported under windows XP. The same is true for BrightAuthor versions 2.3 and later, are not supported under XP, only Vista and Windows 7. Windows 7 is recommended.
- The SD card must be formatted in FAT32 format and should stay in the BrightSign unit when you run setup files. It's the program on the card that's listening for the publish, and it's on the SD card where the files will be saved.
- Ensure you have created setup files for Local File Networking. As part of the setup, enable the diagnostic web server.
- Verify Bonjour and BrightAuthor are allowed in your firewall software.
- Verify you don’t have an active VPN connection. Local File Networking is only supported on the same subnet.
- Disable proxy settings in Internet Explorer.
- Hit the refresh button on the Publish tab or Manage tab, under local network.
- Leave the Publish or Manage tab, and then return.
- Select Local Storage under Publish, and then select Local File Networking.
- Quit BrightAuthor and reopen.